The Public Health library guide has information on help available, and contact details for our Liaison Librarian.
Communicating research results
The following documents are published by various different groups and relate to the topic of developing, documenting and communicating research results
- University Library Grad Research Recordings - A wide variety of seminar recordings about various topics like literature searches, publishing, copyright, open access publishing and creating poster presentations.
- Developing a great poster
- Should You Edit Your Own Research Paper?
- Developing a dissemination plan
- Dealing with the media
- How to Present to decision makers
- Reader-friendly writing - 1:3:25
- Microsoft Word for Thesis Students - Some quick videos on formatting your thesis in MS Word, including headings, styles, page numbers and more! Requires NSID login.
Public Health Resources and Reports
- Health Indicators e-Publication (Canadian Institute for Health Information and Statistics Canada)
- Making Sense of Health Indicators: Statistical Considerations (Canadian Institute for Health Information)
- Health Care in Canada 2009: A decade in review (Canadian Institute for Health Information)
- The Chief Public Health Officer's Report on the State of Public Health in Canada (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- Closing the gap in a generation: Health equity through action on the social determinants of health - 2008 (World Health Organization and the Commission on Social Determinants of Health)