- Health care policy and strategy
- Medical care organization
- Managing Quality in Canadian Hospitals. A three year longitudinal study of work environment factors associated with Quality of Patient Care. Funded by Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Principal Investigator.
- Research to Action: Applied Workplace Solutions for Nurses Saskatchewan. Pilot Project: Improving Patient, Nurse, and Organizational Outcomes Utilizing Formal Nurse-Patient Ratios. Jointly funded by Health Canada, Saskatoon Health Region, Saskatchewan Union of Nurses & Department of Health of the Province of Saskatchewan, Principal Investigator.
- PUBH 808 Health Care Management
- PUBH 814 Seminar in Health Care Economics
- PUBH 843 Seminar in Health Care Regulation & Policy
- PUBH 852 Canadian Health Care System
Recent Grants and Awards
As Principal Investigator:
Supporting a Greater Role of Patients in Assessing Quality, Co-Principal Investigators: Roy Dobson & Rein Lepnurm, Co-Investigators: David Keegan, Steven Phillips (Dalhousie), Joanne Whitty-Rogers (St.Francis Xavier), Canadian Institutes of Health Research-Regional Partnerships Program, Operating grant, $217,456 - 10/2013 to 10/2015.
Bermedo-Carrasco, S., Pena-Sanchez, J.N., Lepnurm, R., Szafron, M., Waldner, C. (2015). Inequities in cervical cancer screening among Colombian women: a multilevel analysis of a nationwide survey. Cancer Epidemiology. 39(2):229-36.
Bermedo-Carrasco, S., Feng, C.X., Pena-Sanchez, J.N., Lepnurm, R. (2015). Predictors of having heard about human papillomavirus vaccination: Critical aspects for cervical cancer prevention among Colombian women. Gaceta Sanitaria. 29(2):112-7.
Nesdole, R., Lepnurm, R., Voigts, D., Roberts, R. (2014). Reconceptualizing determinants of health: barriers to improving the health status of First Nations peoples, Canadian J Public Health. 105(3):e209-13.
Peña-Sánchez, J.N., Lepnurm, R., Dobson, R.T., Keegan, D.L. (2014). Impact of payment methods on professional equity of physicians, Journal of Hospital Administration. 3(2), doi: 10.5430/jha.v3n2p50